Sunday, August 26, 2012

I was SO noble

So, we spent the entire afternoon at the fair yesterday and nary a crumb of deep-fried food crossed my lips. I had a bottle of lemonade and that was it, no matter how tempting the deep-fried everything booth was.  It helps that food is so stinking expensive there.  We paid $10 each to get into the fair and that includes all the carnival rides, so the kids had a blast on the Freak Out, Zero Gravity, Scrambler etc.  We hit all the animal barns and each got a small snack at the 4-H cafe and otherwise had a great time.  My sister and her 3 kids came along and I think they had a fun time going on rides with my kids as well.  By the time we got home around 8pm, we were exhausted.  I skipped all the rides, my stomach just doesn't handle that stuff anymore, but I had a good time just watching the kids, and of course, people-watching at the fair is always an interesting activity - it's like people of Walmart on steroids.

No comments: