Wednesday, August 29, 2012

done at last!

Today was the last of the round of doctor, dentist, optometrist appointments for the kids before school starts.  WE has to go back in about 3 weeks to pick up his new glasses and to see how his eyes are dealing with his brand new contacts, but for the most part, everyone's healthy, cavity free and can see beyond their noses.  Yay us!  I figured since I was taking the kids in for their eyes, I should get my own checked out since I haven't had it done for probably 10 years - since I got Lasik surgery around when Angel #4 was 2 or 3 years old.  I've got a slight myopic prescription, but not enough to warrant glasses or anything since it's not affecting my life in any way, BUT (notice the big letters) I'm also becoming far-sighted and the doctor said I may want to pick up some cheap cheaters from Walmart.  Yeah, it looks like I'm going to have to start doing the reading glasses thing in the near future.  That just seems so grandma-ish to me and I want to put that off as long as possible.  I can still read without having to do the long arm thing with my book, so I think I'll just hobble along until it can't be avoided anymore.


No comments: