Friday, May 20, 2011

Redneck Girl

A beautiful, sunny day today, FINALLY. We were going to put the garden in tomorrow, but I just couldn't help myself and I got most of it in today. We just need to get some seed potatoes in and plant the corn and we'll have one beautiful garden. Not so beautiful was the sunburn I got. I was wearing a tee-shirt, so I guess you could call it a farmer burn since farmer tan would be an incredible understatement. After being covered up from the elements since September, my poor skin freaked out at the sight of the sun. Oh well, no big deal. If I know my skin, which I do since I've had it for 43 years, I'll be almost as white as ever within 3 or 4 days and it'll look like I never saw the sun.

Tonight we had the school athletic banquet. WE got a letter in track, which made him pretty happy. Angel #1 comes home on leave in a few weeks and WE's pretty sure he's going to be able to beat him in a race. I told him he'd better not get too cocky, not only does his brother run for fun, but he can do it with a grenade launcher in his hands. I've got the feeling that I'm in for 10 days of intense one-upmanship between my boys this summer.

No comments: