Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year and my 5 seconds of fame

First off, I hope everyone made it safely into 2011 and is ready to take this year by the horns and show it who's boss. I spent the first day of the new year in an unusual place...at least unusual for me. I ended up at the mall. I really hate shopping and the mall is a place of evil, as far as I'm concerned, but, Angel #4 spent New Years Eve with some friends who live about 45 minutes away and since they were headed to the mall, I thought I'd save myself an extra half hour on the road and pick her up there. Instead of saving time, however, I was sucked into the mall and left shortly before it closed for the evening. All I bought was a pretzel though, so I didn't blow a lot of money.

Also, for someone who hates shopping as much as me, I find it incredibly odd that my shopping habits showed up on the tv news. Wednesday, the girls and I headed into town to do some shopping, it was my kind of shopping, we hit the thrift stores. First off, we headed to the huge St Vincent DePaul store and I was shocked at how busy it was. I had to circle the lot twice before I found a place to park. While we were there, Angel #2 said she saw a television news crew in the store. I didn't think much of it until a couple days later. We got new cell phones and I went on the tv stations web site so I could sign up to get a text message from them if the schools were closed or delayed because of weather. While I was on the site, I saw a headline about St. Vinnies and, remembering what #2 said about the camera, I clicked on the video link. There I am, about one minute into the report, cruising my cart through housewares. I think it's hilarious that someone who avoids shopping as much as I do still managed to show the television world that I'm a sucker for a cheap coffee mug.

No comments: