Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wanted: one life - think he'll find it on Craigslist?

I've just got a few things left I'm trying to sell on Craigslist. I've given up selling some things and am making use of the "free" section. One of the things I'm giving away is a desk. It's wood, large, heavy and CANNOT be disassembled. I made of note of all those things in my ad, so someone doesn't drive up in a car expecting to cart it away, it ain't gonna happen. So, today some guy e-mails me to tell me that the desk is not, in fact, solid wood and it can be disassembled. No, he didn't want the desk, he just wanted to tell me these things. I deleted the message, thinking, some people really need a life. I got home and Angel #2 told me that the guy also called to tell her these things and he thought we should put it in our ad in case someone comes to get it and gets upset. Huh? Someone REALLY needs a life. And I can't imagine someone having the guts to complain about a free desk the got off Craigslist in the first place, and even if someone did, why the heck is he worried about it?

Tomorrow morning the carpet cleaning guy is coming, so we've hauled what few possessions we have left into the middle of the living room, which has wood floor, so all the carpeted areas are ready for their scrubbing. One more step on my road to doneness. My van is loaded with stuff that's going to the thrift store, after that, it's a trip to the dump and a final load of stuff to be stored until we get around to getting it all back up to the mainland. I'm so sick of dealing with all our stuff that even though we're going to be arriving in Wisconsin with pretty much nothing, the thought of buying more stuff when we get there gives me a headache.

No comments: