Saturday, July 24, 2010

politics

Somehow, between 6pm last night and 6am this morning, I became politically active..at least my driveway did. There are 4 or 5 campaign signs posted at the end of my driveway this morning that weren't there when I got home about 6 last night. There are some people who live futher up our driveway, I'm assuming they put them there, otherwise, I think it's pretty ballsy to just randomly stick signs at the end of someones driveway...especially for people that I probably wouldn't vote for anyway. I'm not interested in politics in the slightest-I know I'm supposed to be, but whatcha gonna do? But I know this one woman who imo is a complete ditz who is a very active supporter of a certain candidate - I figure if she's for someone, I'm probably going to want to be against them, know what I mean? Anyway, that guys sign is one of those at the end of the driveway.

Last night was my last bocce practice for Special Olympics. I was so sad to leave, knowing that I probably wouldn't be seeing most of those folks ever again. I left on a typical daydreamer note though. It was the area tournament that precludes the state games - I was planning on just being an official since I'm not going to be around for any more things anyway, but it turns out they needed me to play. My partner and I took last place, I've never gotten better than last place. In another division, my partner took a first, so you're seeing who the weak link is here.

No comments: