Saturday, July 10, 2010

stick a fork in me - I'm done

Big successful garage sale again today. Since we can't have one at our house, (we've got a one way only driveway, you drive in and back out, and it's up a steep hill) we haul everything over to my friend Sunny's house. To cut down on the stuff to haul, we just put a sign at the end of our driveway yesterday and hoped we'd get a few people. Hubby put out his tools and between them and all my stock-piled food I have to get rid of, we made a good haul yesterday and made three times as much today at the real sale. We've still got some stuff lying around here we need to get rid of, but I think we're all garage saled out and will just find some other way to get rid of it.

We've met some interesting people while garage saleing. Hubs met a guy who is as addicted to tools as him and we met this awesome young Micronesian family - she actually bakes her own bread (I was beginning to think I'm the only one) and bought a bunch of the flour we had stored. They also bought a bunch of other stuff and as they were leaving, noticed we had a breadfruit tree and asked if they could have some. It's nice seeing people who work to take care of themselves instead of depending on foodstamps or other assistance.

Anyhooters, we had a very productive weekend and now we're all exhausted. But, it's another step taken and soon we'll be on our way up north.

No comments: