Thursday, May 27, 2010

time to take a breath


Wow, what a busy couple weeks I've had. We had a great time with Rent-a-Grandma and Angel #1 was so happy to have some family besides us at his graduation. Here are all my little Angels. Yes, that's a curtain rod WE's holding in his arms, you may remember it, it's the one that I bought along with some curtains waaay back in January, I still haven't hung them. WE decided it looked like a scepter and crowned himself king.

On Monday, hubby and I took Rent-a-Grandma on the around the island tour. We left around 6am, headed to the volcanoes, a few waterfalls and various other Big Island sites. We skipped the northern part of the island since she and hubby had gone there last week and cut through the middle of the island on the infamous saddle road that goes between the mountains - that road is carsickness looking for a place to happen.

Angel #4 had 5th grade graduation yesterday. After 13 years of kids in school, I'm finally no longer an elementary school mom - I love those milestones of life.

Things are looking a bit more peaceful on the animal front. We decided that goats were a pain in the patootie and sold them this week. We also decided to cut down on the chicken population and sold 10 of those this morning. Our 4 roosters are all on death row and will be getting their assigned spots in the freezer early next week hopefully. Hubs and 3 of the 4 kids are going to be on the Mainland for most of the summer and the fewer animals Angel #2 and I have to take care of while the rest of them are gone, the better.

1 comment:

Tanya T said...

I love the photo of the kids. I can't believe how big they are all getting!!