Friday, September 13, 2019

okay, yeah, it's been awhile

In order to get my mind back in writing mode, I'm resurrecting this baby.  It's been almost 4 years since I abruptly quit writing in here.  I'm not sure why I quit, I guess I just figured that after over 10 years of blogging, I just ran out of things to say.  Of course, if you know me, you know that's utter BS because I NEVER run out of things to say.  I guess I figured people just got sick of hearing it, which is probably true.  So I'm writing in here for myself and if you want to listen in, go to it, baby.

Quick recap of the last four years for those of you still playing:  The last angel graduated high school and moved to Texas to live with her sister.  We sold our house, moved to Hawaii for a little while.  Then moved to Texas, then back up to Wisconsin for the summer, then back down to Texas.  Then hubs got a good job offer and we moved back up to Wisconsin.  Got it?

So, currently, here we are, just hubs and I, living in a 3 bedroom ranch in a town situated on the shores of Lake Michigan.  Our house is about a mile walk to the lake and we like to walk down there and watch the waves, enjoy the free concerts they put on at the park there and just enjoy life in general.  Hubs got a job teaching at a technical college, so for the first time in our married life, he gets a regular paycheck and has regular hours.  I work at a university book store with a bunch of people who understand my bizarre humor and love me for it.  So, life is good.

The angels are all adulting very well, thank you.  All four are going to college full-time (with Angels #1 & 2 also working full time).  WE is out of the military, going to college full time and he GOT MARRIED!!  Who woulda think that the craziest of my kids would be the first to settle down and tie the knot?  The two of them have been together since before their junior year of high school (2012?) and Mrs WE is like a daughter to us, so life is wonderful.

I will do my best to write in here at least 3 times a week, but I'll try to be here daily.  I really need to get my writing groove back into play.

1 comment:

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

I'm happy to read and glad you're back! <3 Good to hear life is good for you guys. :) I'm expecting to become a grandma sometime in the next month.