Saturday, September 28, 2019

We had one of our typical Saturdays today.  First we went to Franks Diner, a very old diner with great greasy food, a sassy staff and always a line and a crowd.  It's a fun place to go, apparently it's the oldest continuously run dining car in America, though I'm not sure who exactly was keeping track.  There's always a line to get in, so it's not one of those grab and go quickly stops, but the waiting in line if half the fun.  We all celebrated Saturday with a diner-wide free tequila shot, which is I think rather unique in itself.  I don't know of any other diner that does something like that, though I'm no diner expert by any means.

After Franks we walked to the Farmer's Market.  We've got a pretty good sized farmers market and it's got so much good stuff, we love making it a regular stop.  Things are starting to look a little scare there though, since the weather is starting to get chilly and vendors and shoppers alike are not quite so apt to sit around in the cold.  There's only 2 more weeks of the outdoor market, then it moves inside.  We stopped at the fudge place and they had $5 flop bags available.  Those are bags of misshapen and corner pieces of fudge.  You don't know what you're going to get, you just grab a bag and hope for the best.  One of our offerings today was root beer fudge.  It sounds wrong, and after tasting it, I assured myself that it IS wrong.  gross, just gross.  That's hard to believe of any kind of fudge, I know, but it's true.  Take my word for it, don't try and see for yourself.  There's my life advice for the day.

No comments: