Tuesday, August 17, 2010

okay, so it's been awhile

Yeah, I haven't written here in forever. I've been sorta busy and sorta not having anything relevant (or irrelevant) to say. So better to say nothing than bore you all with the mundane of my life. We're still working on a place to live. My theory is there are so many places going into foreclosure that people are being forced out of their houses and need to rent a place instead. Great for landlords, not so great for people who just moved here from Hawaii and need a place to live. Rent-a-Grandma's been great for putting up with us all this time, but it's really time to get a place of our own. Not only that, but we've got to get our kids enrolled into a school PDQ, since we've only got a few weeks left til school starts.

Though our whole family is all here in WI and Angel #1 is only about 10 miles away from us, we still don't see him very often, so we still don't get together in the same room very much. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to having one less kid around.

Yesterday, a friend of Rent-a-Grandma's called, asking if she knew of anyone wanting sweet corn, since hers was about to turn too ripe. I hauled the three younger kids over there and we picked and husked and husked and picked. Once we were done with that part, I dropped WE off at the fishing hole (he's becoming obsessed with fishing) and Angel #4 at a friend's house and Angel #2 and I spent about 4 straight hours freezing corn. By the time we were done, we had 40 2-quart freezer bags of corn in the freezer and about another quart of corn stuck on the floor, counter tops, walls and ourselves. So, we spent another 45 minutes cleaning the kitchen after we were done putting up corn. Needless to say, I'm kind of sick of corn right now, but I'm sure I'll be happy to have all those bags of corn in the freezer this winter...provided we have a house to put the frozen corn in, that is.

1 comment:

Tanya T said...

Just don't enroll them in Manawa schools. It's gone way down hill around here. Not happy with this school district at all. Sorry if that offends anyone else, but that's my honest opinion.