Monday, July 7, 2014

And now there's only one

Big day today.   This morning we dropped WE off at the military recruiting station and he's off to basic training.  I'm so proud of my boy, but it's still hard to see him go, he's my little boy, you know?  He was pretty nervous, but ready to go.  I handled it okay, after all, I've done this before, I know he'll do awesome and though it seems like forever for him, it's really only 3 months and we'll be seeing him again.  I go much longer not seeing Angels #1&2.  But WE's poor girlfriend was pretty upset...prouder than heck, but upset to see him go.  The two of them spent a lot of time together this week, both at family together times after her cousin's funeral, but on a better note, her aunt's wedding was last night and they had a wonderful time.

Now Angel #4 is an only child, she's already got plans to take over WE's room as a closet, so she's looking forward to that, but she's now inherited Diesel doggy, which she's less than thrilled about.  WE usually has what we refer to as 'poo patrol' which is scooping up the piles of poop the dog leaves on the lawn.  Someone's gotta scoop that poo and hubs and I nominated her.  She's just realized for the first time in her life that the child to parent ratio is no longer skewed in her favor.  Sucks to be her.  hee hee

No comments: