Thursday, February 13, 2014

I'm sick of winter

It seems like the standard rule of thumb for this winter is if the temperatures get above zero, we get snow.  There seems to be no such thing as just a nice, relatively warm, sunny day this year.  It's getting pretty old, if  you want to know the truth.  Today, the thermometer on the van said it was 32 degrees outside, that's about the warmest I've seen it in well over a month.  Of course, it was snowing and the roads were a sloppy mess, so it was still a no-win situation.  I'm ready for spring.

Saturday night is the high school Snow Ball.  I found out Tuesday night that our house got volunteered by Angel #4 to be the after dance sleep-over house.  So it looks like I'm going to have a passel of teenagers sleeping in my living room Saturday night.  This will add an interesting twist to the evening since Hubs is flying to Texas for work at 7am Sunday morning; he's flying out of Milwaukee, so he'll have to leave the house at around 4am.  Hopefully he'll get some sleep with the giggle-fest going on downstairs.

Angel #2 has some interesting things going on this week.  Today she got a headful of dreadlock hair extensions.  They're blond with some turquoise highlights.  They're.....interesting looking.  Tomorrow she's driving up to Dallas to adopt a Pomeranian  dog, it's about 15 years old and she's determined to make it's final year or so on earth as enjoyable as possible.  She realizes it doesn't have long to live, but this will be a good trial run to see if she wants the added responsibility of a dog in her life without a long-term commitment.

Saturday should be our last day of watching wrestling.  It's the regional finals and I'm pretty confident that WE isn't going to be going on to sectionals, he's been enjoying wrestling, but his record isn't the greatest.  Though when you think about it, he did pretty awesome this year.  When he started wrestling this winter, he'd only seen maybe 1 or 2 meets in his life and had never been on a wrestling mat.  To go up against kids, some of whom have been wrestling for 10 years or more already, it was pretty incredible that he won the matches he did.  I think his record is something like 7-15, which isn't too bad.  He's definitely looking forward to track season though, there's a sport where he knows what he's doing and he does it well.  Personally, I'm looking forward to track season as well, but mainly because I really really want to start seeing green grass and sunshine again.

We got our pictures taken yesterday at work for the school yearbook.  I was a little disappointed that they didn't take my posing suggestions.  I thought either a sword fight using the big stirring paddles or a reenactment of American Gothic using the giant potato masher would be awesome, but we ended up going with the traditional lunch lady pose of standing in a row in front of the lunch line, though I did manage to pose myself so it looks like I'm going to squirt one of my co-workers with a bottle of ketchup.

No comments: