Sunday, February 16, 2014

I survived the weekend!!

Hubs comedy show went awesomely Friday night.  After last weeks show, I made it clear to him that he should NOT introduce me as his wife before his set because then everyone looks at me whenever he makes a wife joke, it's a bit awkward, to say the least.  So, he didn't on Friday night and it made for the funniest moment of the show, for me at least.  During one of his wife jokes, I heard the woman behind me say, very sarcastically, "wow, nice wife".  My friend Connie and I pretty much bust a gut laughing.  There were over 200 people at the show and he had tons come up to him and tell him how much they enjoyed his set.  He was pretty pumped up, he's had two great, successful shows in a row now.

Last night was the Snow Ball.  Here are my adorable children and their dates:

Angel #4's boyfriend not only got her a corsage, but he also gave her a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's day. WE & his girlfriend, being the frugal sort, both wore the same outfits they wore last year at the Snow Ball...unintentionally, of course.  WE wore black pants instead of tan this year and his girlfriend put her hair up and wore a necklace, otherwise,their picture looks the same as last years, it was even taken at the same friends house as last year.

There ended up being 6 girls sleeping in my living room last night after the dance.  Shortly before I took the kids to the school, it started snowing and by the time I had to go  pick them up, the roads were completely covered.  I just followed what were left of the tracks of cars that had gone ahead of me and hoped for the best.  I really didn't want to hit the ditch with a car full of under dressed teenagers.  Angel #4's boyfriend was going to stay at our place awhile after the dance, but once I saw the roads, I brought him home right away, there was no way I was going to wait around for things to get worse before going out there again and I didn't want to run the risk of having to have a boy spend the night with my houseful of girls.  WE spent the night at the house who was holding the Seniors party, so once he let me know he made it there safely, I didn't have to worry about him being out on the roads anymore that night.  Hubs was planning on leaving early this morning (around 4am) to drive to the airport, but once he saw the forecast for snow, he headed out about 6 last night and made it to Milwaukee just as the flakes started to fly.  I'm glad we all had a safe evening, I worry about stuff like that so much.

I've also got a picture of Angel #2 and her new hairdo.  I think it'll grow on me.

She said her plan for when the extensions fall out will be to dye it pink again.  It's a miracle her hair doesn't fall right out of her head, imo.  She also got a new dog and hubs sent me a  picture of the three of them when they got together in Houston this morning.

1 comment:

Tanya T said...

I can't believe how grown up all your kids look now. I still remember them little! Very nice pics, thanks for sharing. I don't think the dreadlocks look bad on her at all,I'm not usually a fan of them but they look really good on her!