Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Okay, it's a little late, but whatever. This year for the first time in I don't know how long, hubs and I not only stayed up to bring in the year, but we were actually out someplace bringing in the new year.  We were at a party at a friend's house and figured we'd do good to stay up until 11 or so before going home and putting our old bodies to bed.  Instead, we were having such a good time, we ended up creeping in at 2:30.  The only time I'm ever up that late usually is if I'm sick.  Needless to say, I spent the first day of the new year sleeping in, then taking a nap.

It was back to school/work again today.  As nice as a vacation is, it's equally nice getting back to a scheduled life again.  Too much free time and I end up spending my time either taking a nap or feeding my face.  Free time works in the summer because I've always got so much to do, but in winter, unless we've got dumped on by so much snow we need a family effort to clear out the driveway, there's not a whole lot to do besides the usual daily stuff.  I tend to get lazy(ier).

We were glad to hear from Angel #1 the other day.  We hadn't heard from him since his battallion left Kuwait about a month ago.  He's heading to some some country in Africa I've never heard of before and says it should be easier for him to call us once he's there.  He's also on a different ship than before, so who knows how long it'll be before the care package I sent him 3 weeks ago finally finds him.

No comments: