Thursday, November 28, 2013

a whole decade!!

I was thinking about it, then decided to actually look it up and I was right.  As of yesterday, I have been officially blogging for an entire decade. My very first blog post was November 27, 2003, which happened to be Thanksgiving day. Of course, back in those days, I don't think blogging was actually a term yet, we just called in online journaling.  Things were a bit different for me back then as well.  I had four kids still living at home, the oldest one was only 11.  We lived in a much nicer and bigger house in a town an hour and a half drive away from where we live now.  I dealt with dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils and various birds in the house and a giant basement playroom full of toys.  GI Joes parachuted off my roof using Walmart bags, Barbie had prom in the living room and I regularly stepped on Legos as I walked down the hallway.  Oh, the good old days...I don't miss them.  I'm so thankful for my grown and nearly grown children, though I do wish my away from home kids were here with us today.

I spoke to Angel #2 this morning, she's not doing anything special for the holiday besides having a potluck at work. I'm not sure where Angel #1 even is.  He called a week ago saying he was leaving Kuwait and didn't know where he was headed next, so I think he's out on the ocean somewhere.  It would be nice to receive a Thanksgiving call from him, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, happy Blogiversary to me!

It snowing here at the moment.  It's not our first snow of the year, we had that ages ago.  The first snow that stuck was about a week ago, we've had snow in the driveway for quite awhile now.  The plows went past the house twice this morning before 8, they were doing more sanding/salting than plowing, trying to keep things non-slippery for the holiday on the road crowd.  There's nothing worse than greasy roads on a holiday, I always worry about everyone going to and from when the weather's bad.  Welcome to winter, people.



No comments: