Friday, December 6, 2013

There's a bit of a learning curve

Last night we went to WE's very first wrestling meet.  I know zippo about wrestling besides what I saw Hulk Hogan do back in the 80's, so I'm pretty lost.  It just looks like 2 kids rolling around on a mat to me, but everyone else in the crowd seemed to know what was going on.  WE lost his match, but at least he wasn't pinned, so that was good.  He also surprised his opponent with an unconventional jumping move.  One of the few advantages he's got over the other kids is that because he hasn't been wrestling (besides on the living room floor with his brother) since he was a little kid, he doesn't know all the regular ways to wrestle, so he's got his own little spin on things, which may help keep the element of surprise in his favor.  We'll have to see.  There's an all day tournament on Saturday we're  going to, we'll see how he does.

Things are chilling out around here, it was 5 degrees this morning when I got up.  yuck!  And it's only the beginning of December, we've got a good 4 months of this ahead of us yet.  I do NOT approve.

1 comment:

Jeanie_C said...

A week ago we had a cold snap and we were in the single digits as well. 0 one night and 3 the next. I did not approve of that either, but I was glad to be in the valley because up on the prairie above us, it was minus 13!