Friday, December 20, 2013

I think things are going to slow down a bit finally

It's been kind of crazy around here.  For me, busy = crazy    This week alone, I've gone to 2 basketball games (I HATE basketball, but I needed to haul kids there so I stayed and hung with my friends), a wrestling meet, a work party and I did some contract office work for a neighboring school district one evening.  Tonight, we stay home.  YAY!  But, tomorrow, we head out early for an all day wrestling tournament.  WE's been doing pretty good wrestling.  He's lost more than he's won, but all three of his wins were pins, which is pretty good.  Last night, he pinned his guy in 31 seconds, he was pretty stinking proud of himself.

Unless things warm up considerably in the next couple days, we're definitely having a white Christmas here in Wisconsin.  There's a dumping scheduled for tomorrow night and into Sunday, which may cramp our Sunday plans a bit.  We've got an all day church meeting, but under good conditions, we've got a 45 minute drive, if there are crappy roads, we'll just stay home where it's safe.  I don't know how God thinks, but I can only assume that he'd rather we stay home and miss church rather than drive around endangering ourselves and others on icy roads.  We'll see what the weather brings and go on from there.

Though I've been busy, I haven't really been doing anything exciting or interesting.  I seem to be spending a lot of time in high school gyms watching sporty stuff, which is better than huddling on freezing cold bleachers outside watching sporty stuff, so I look on the bright side there.  School's out now for the holidays, today was only a half day, so we can all be bums until Jan 2 when we head back to school/work.

That's about it, I guess.  I just thought I'd post so you all knew I was still alive and kicking.  :)

No comments: