Tuesday, February 8, 2011

wow, that went fast

At 4:15am today, hubs and Angel #1 went off to deliver #1 to the airport and back to the Marines. That was a really fast 10 days. Fortunately, he got to spend time with friends and family during that time as well as going to 2 funerals - which weren't quite as fun, but he got to see people he wouldn't have seen otherwise. Since they were both funerals for women who'd lived long productive lives, they weren't necessarily sad ones either, which helps. Though #1 didn't seem too eager to leave, I think he'll be glad to get back to doing something productive after spending his downtime at home being pretty lazy. Before he left, he needed a haircut, so I took out my clippers and gave my first 'high and tight', which is the Marine style haircut, shaved on the bottom with a little left on top. #1 complained that it took me longer to do it than it did the Marine barbers, but I think they've had a bit more practice, along with the fact that they really don't care too much how it turns out in the end, when I wanted my boy looking sharp.

I'm still coughing and sniffing my way through an awful cold. I haven't gotten one this miserable in years, but I've had worse and I'll survive. But, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I got a surprise call from an old friend today. Since I got a new phone, she had to call around a bit before she got my number, but I'm glad she made the effort. It was great catching up on her and her family. Whenever I see her, I remember a weekend we spent together waaay back when. It was a church function and she sat there, holding Angel #1 on her lap for hours at a stretch for 4 days straight, always saying that she was fine and didn't need a baby break - which I was fine with, because I certainly needed a little baby break. It was just ironic that she called the very day that he was headed back to the Marines. I don't think he'd fit on her lap anymore.

1 comment:

JeanieC said...

DD, I'm glad you had a nice visit with your son. Good luck to him!