Friday, November 8, 2019

Well, that messed me up something fierce

My bedside clock thought it was daylight savings last night and really screwed me up this morning.  My clock has this feature that makes it automatically change for daylight savings, but it didn't work last weekend.  I didn't think too much about it since it's an old clock I got for $2 at a thrift store and figured it just didn't work anymore, so I changed the clock myself and went on my merry way.  Until this morning.  I woke up at (what I thought was) 5:30 am this morning and couldn't fall back to sleep.  I also couldn't figure out why my neighborhood was so active so early in the morning.  I laid around in bed for awhile hoping to fall back to sleep. I must have dozed back off, then was woke up by hubs calling me (he's out of town) at (again, what I thought was) 6:50am.  I answered but was wondering, what the heck, dude?  Why would you call me so stinking early?  After talking to him, I got out of bed, ate breakfast, drank some coffee then opened my computer and wondered how it was 9 o'clock already and somehow time really flew and I"d better get in the shower.  That's when I went back into the bedroom and realized that my clock said it was only 8am.  I changed it to the right time and did some investigating.  The date was set wrong on the clock.  Since the date isn't displayed anywhere on the clock, there's no way I could have known that.  I went to change the date and when I put it to November 8, it automatically knew it was Friday.  How did it know that?  It doesn't have a year setting function that I could see.  There's some weird sorcery going on here, folks.


No comments: