Sunday, November 3, 2019

Fall Back

I hate daylight savings, it gets me all out of wack.  But, on the plus side, we didn't go to church an hour early.  We never have.  The only time we forget about daylight savings is in the spring.  Twice we realized it when it was too late to get there on time.  One unforgettable time we didn't realize we were late until we actually walked in while they were singing the last hymn.  We got picked on a bit about that one, lemme tell ya.

After church we went to all you can eat Chinese buffet.  They sat us at a table, and we went and got our food.  After sitting down a few minutes, I kept getting wafts of smelly air whenever someone walked past.  Then I realized the guy sitting behind me smelled really gross.  Not b.o., but just like dirty, unwashed, hadn't taken a bath in months, homeless person kind of smelly.  I've got nothing against homeless people, there was a time in my life that my best friend was homeless (I am NOT making that up, his name was Chris and we had a blast together), but there's no reason to be a smelly homeless person.  Plus, I don't think this guy was homeless, just gross.  We quietly asked to be moved to a different table and our waitress totally knew why and apologized, though it wasn't like it was her fault, she wasn't even the one who put us at that table.  I noticed that the rest of the time they were there they didn't seat anyone else in the surrounding tables.  Do people honestly become so used to it that they don't know they smell really bad, or do they know and just don't care?  He was there with a woman, I don't know if she smelled too, my sense of self-preservation prevented me from sniffing in her general area.

No comments: