Saturday, October 19, 2019

RIP Eddie

I think I mentioned a while ago that hubs brought  home a gecko in his luggage last time he came home from Hawaii.  We named him Eddie and let him wander around the house to his heart's content.  He was all over the place, we'd see him in the kitchen, bedroom closet, bathroom, everywhere.  Then we'd not see him for a day or two and he'd show up again someplace completely different.  Well, the other day he chose a bad spot to sit and chill and hubs accidentally stepped on him on his way out the door.  I found his lifeless body about an hour later.  So, there went our brief foray into having a roommate living with us.

In other exciting news, the Astros are doing pretty good in the playoffs.  GO 'STROS!!!  Hubs doesn't get my fascination with baseball, but will sit and watch the games with me like a trooper.  What a great guy.  He even puts up with me yelling at the screen in the vain attempt to make them hear me and accept my sage baseball advice or to change a really stupid call.  My grandma used to do that with the Green Bay Packers so I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  My other grandparents used to turn the Brewer game on the radio and sit out on their screen porch in the dark and quietly listen to the game, those are some of my greatest memories of them.  So between the Packers hollering grandma and the nightly Brewers games in the dark on the other side of the family, I am truly a product of my environment.  Last month I went to the Brewers home game when they were playing the Astros.  I wore my Astros jersey and had a great time.  Fortunately Wisconsin baseball fans aren't nasty to opposing teams fans, I've heard stories otherwise at other stadiums and other sports.  But here things were great and at the end of the game I even got high-fives from the Brewers fans sitting in front of us at the end of the game (the Astros won it in extra innings).  It was a great experience I was both proud to be an Astros fan, but also to be a Wisconsinite where people are so stinking nice.

No comments: