Sunday, December 21, 2008

book signing

I had a booksigning today at our small local bookstore. My 3 Nanowrimo buddies all came and we had a great time. It sounded like we were having a party in the back of the store. I did an author talk as well and, to my surprise, people came! There were two women and one of the woman's 2 pre-teen kids. I hadn't really planned on what I was going to say for my talk, but I winged it and it turned out pretty good. The title of my talk was: From Plot Bunnies to Published; the Journey of a Book. It helped that I knew my subject matter, I just started talking and it all spilled out. One of my friends said that she never would have guessed that I hadn't known what I was going to say before I started. Four people from our church who are visiting here on vacation also came to the signing and stayed for most of the talk, it was nice to have their support also. I didn't sell a ton of books or anything, but I had a nice time.

I've got about half of my kitchen cupboards emptied out and cleaned. I also lemon oiled all the cabinet doors, which made them look really nice. I can honestly say the kitchen looks better now than it did when we moved in a year and a half ago. Now, I can't wait to get all these boxes out of here. They're driving me nuts all piled up around here.

No comments: