Thursday, June 9, 2011

well, we had summer, now it's over

We had a couple days of 90 degree hot miserable weather, but overnight our temps dropped and this morning it was 51 degrees outside. I guess we had our summer and it's on to fall again. We had a bigger temperature span in 12 hours in Wisconsin then we ever had in the 5 years we lived in Hawaii. We had a monster thunder storm last night, which created the break in the heat. The wind was blowing and there's trees down all over the place. Lots of rain and a creepily orange sky made it look like an apocalypse storm or something. Thankfully, no tornadoes that I heard of.

We're more than happy to have a break in the heat. The whole family has been working together to tame the weeds trying to take over the garden. The heat and humidity mixed in with the dusty, dry soil made us look and feel pretty nasty. The girls and I had a little break on Tuesday and after working in the garden all morning, showered up and headed to the local library to set up for the booksale they're having this weekend. It was still hard work, 3 straight hours of hauling and piling books on tables, but it was in the air conditioned basement of the library, so at least we got a chance to cool off. Then, to celebrate getting it finished, we headed to McDonalds for nice, cold frappes. After we got home, we had to unload all the books we bought at the sale. That's one of the perks of helping set up for the book sale, we get first dibs on all the books. Yay for books. I think we're going to help take things down next week, so I'll pick through the books that didn't sell and dig through those. You just can't have enough books.

Today, the girls and I went shopping to get the food for Angel #2's graduation party. She wants a costume/fancy dress party, so not only do I have to make the food, but I've got to get dressed up too. I'm not sure what I'm going to wear yet, I don't have a whole lot of costume stuff sitting around in the closet. I'm sure I'll think of something, I usually do.


No comments: